OET is taken at a secure test centre, where you will need to show your ID, check in with the test administrator, and sit your test in a secure room.
This varies from state to state. Please refer to the Timetabling Email that you will receive.
Approx 3 hours for the written tests, then a 20 minute speaking test scheduled on the same day.
You must bring the ID document you used when you applied for OET for identification purposes. Unless you have an authorisation letter from OET, you will not be able to sit the tests without it.
• Pens, pencils and erasers (no mechanical pens)
• Water in a small, clear bottle (no label)
• Digital devices (mobile phones, iPods, digital watches, etc.)
• Analogue watch
• Bags, wallets and keys
• Jackets, hoodies, scarves, gloves
• Baseball caps, beanies, hats or hoods
• Cases for pens or glasses
• Dictionary, pieces of paper
• Highlighters or correction fluid
A locked bag room is available for candidate’s belongings, please note that NETC is not responsible for loss or damage of personal items. Please leave valuables at home.
Courses are delivered by Navitas English (Navitas English Services Pty Ltd ACN 002 069 730), CRICOS Provider Code 00289M; Courses in Victoria are delivered by Hawthorn-Melbourne (Hawthorn Learning Pty Ltd ACN 124 208 171) CRICOS Provider Code 02931G. TOEFL® and TOEFL iBT® are registered trademarks of Educational Testing Service (ETS) in the United States and other countries.